Wednesday 8 July 2015

SPRING X TOKYO 10D9N / DAY 8

SPRING x TOKYO 
3rd April 2015 to 12 April 2015

Day 8 of Tokyo and we are going to pray for health and happiness! Did a lot of research about the temples and shrines in Tokyo. So we boiled down to Asakusa, which is the a district/area in Tokyo where Sensoji Temple is.

DAY 8
Asakusa Temple Visit & Tokyo Dome

Asakusa is very easy to travel to, just take the metro to Asakusa and follow the signages. It's quite big, so it's hard to miss. We went there early in the morning, and there is already so many people! 

Sensoji Temple is the oldest temple in Tokyo, it's a must go!
Before arriving at the temple, you have to walk down a whole street of shops which is selling souvenirs and many snacks!! I bought one of my best snack from here! Best snack because my colleagues finished the whole pack within a day...










Finally at the entrance of Senso-ji Temple




We saw everyone holding this. So we went to bought one each. It's kinda like a joss stick that we use in Singapore also. 

After lighting the "joss stick" you stick it into the urn, and get as many smoke on you! The surprising thing is that all these smoke was not hurting my eyes! It was actually quite nice. Haha. So i stood there and tried to absorb as many smoke I can. It's for good luck!


Same thing in all temples and shrines, you have to cleanse yourself before heading in. This was their water foundation where you have to wash your hands and mouth. 



At this shrine, you can draw for Omikuji which is a fortune.

Mine was quite inspiring and true for me. You really have to ask the right questions or pray for the thing you want when shaking the box. 

Vincent had to ask if he would strike 4d.... -.- 

Right beside this area, there is this wireframe for people to tie their bad fortunes onto. So you would not bring the bad fortune home with you. I did not take a photo of it, cause I dont want bad luck with me! Haha! *pan tang*








We got hungry and bought takoyaki and beer right in the middle of noon.. #canmeh

Then we saw this, maybe i'm sua ku but i've never seen this in Singapore.. I think because Singaporeans don't cycle to work/out. Japanese cycle to different locations a lot, so i guess this was really convenient to them.


We then travelled to Tokyo Dome because I read something about a roller coaster here....
It's quite huge in real life that for someone like me(love rollercosters) I was taken aback and wanted to back out!! And the tickets was expensive, $13 SGD a ride!


This roller coaster is called Thunder Dolphin, 10th tallest continuous circuit roller coaster in the world. That you see there is an 80° angle down!! I was totally backing out after I got seated and buckled up.. I had no handle to hold! 

But the scary part is over after that first drop. The first drop is the scariest when your heart is going pop. After that is damn fun cause it's going so fast! (130km/hr)

POV video here below for you.

 After the ride, we shopped around Tokyo Dome and found Spa Laqua. 

Spa Laqua is a indoor spa/jacuzzi/hot spring/sauna. Amazing concept where everyone who enters have a tag, and you purchase your treatments with the tag. 

They strictly do not allow tattoos, so please cover up. Because I have tattoo, I can't go into the hot springs(naked only, they don't allow towels/swimsuit)

For me, I went for Ear Cleaning, Hair Treatment, Facial Treatment and Marble Floor Sauna. We spent the whole second half of the day there and only left at 11/12pm? It's opened till 4am, but we left in time to catch the train. (midnight cab is expensive)

The place provides you with everything! Towels, Bathing Robes, Body&Bathing Essentials, Comb, Hair Dryer and even Makeup for the ladies! 


Goodbye and Day 9 next!

No comments:

Post a Comment