Sunday 15 January 2017

#Celestrys x Lynn Aesthetic

The best foundation you can wear is glowing healthy skin
It means you can wear lesser makeup and let your skin shine through~

Had the pleasure to visit Lynn Aesthetic just before the year ends. Been having some minor comedones issue on my forehead recently and really want to get rid of it before CNY!

Fun Fact: Lynn Aesthetic has been operating for 31 years now!
That's the longest I've heard for a salon...

Lynn Aesthetic is located a short 5 minutes walk away from Kovan MRT.
Which is very accessible via public transport.
Address: Blk 211, Hougang St 21, #01-317, S530211

 It's pretty easy to find if you know where is the Bowling Center! As it's right beside it!
This is my view from outside the shop of Lynn Aesthetic.

Had a warm welcome by the staff and even though I reached 30 minutes early.
I was given tea & sweets while waiting for my appointment time.

I was given a form to fill up on my current skin conditions and skin concerns.
Including the things i'm sensitive or allergic to. This is very important to answer as accurately as they will customize the facial treatment according to your skin.

They have 2 consultation rooms and 1 main counter that can cater to at least 3 customers at one go.
 So even if it's the busy period you would have a waiting area for you.
I visited during the Christmas period, and they put in so much effort to have the place decorated with festive decorations. How pretty!

After changing my shoes, I was being brought up to their Level 2 for my treatment.
I didn't expect that they have rooms in Level 1 and 2 for treatments!

Was then given a pretty locker key to my own locker to keep my belongings and remove my accessories (earrings, watches etc)

As I was early for my treatment, I got to relax awhile in their cosy corner on the 2nd Level.
I have to applaud for their efforts in decorating this place to make it cosy and comfortable for their customers. I have my tea, sweets and magazines to read in this space.

I was introduced to Kate, whom is their head therapist, and she led me into my treatment to get dressed into their treatment gown. A nice dark room with different of machines for individual treatments.

I had the pleasure to try out their Detox Facial. Their Detox Facial focuses on the "self repair ability" that we humans naturally have. By accelerating the metabolism of the cell, we will be able to recover our best skin condition.

Below are the steps taken in this treatment.
1) Cleanse
2) Tone
3) Gommage peel
4) Steam – Skin Scrubbing(machine) - suction
5) Eyebrow Trimming
6) Oxygenating Serum/ Detox Gel/ Collagen Whitening Serum/ Hydrating Gel/ Slimlook Gel (customized by skin)
7) Lip & Eye care
8) Oxygenating Night Cream, face, shoulder head massage
9) Co2 Cream Mask
10) Hand Massage
11) Foot Massage
12) Toning – cream – sunblock

I had many little bumps on my forehead. I believe they are comedones and whiteheads.
They are very difficult to cover up with makeup and caused my skin to be uneven and bumpy.

Here is my face with makeup before the treatment starts. Can see that my bumps are still very visible even with makeup on.

The first step is to cleanse my face. Kate does a very through job in cleansing to make sure all makeup and dirt are removed from my face before actual treatment.

Next, Kate applied toner for me and gommage peal to remove the skin dead cells and other impurities before she started to steam my face.
She used a Skin Scrubber to "scrub" out the whiteheads and oil on my face and nose area.

Kate cleaned up my eyebrows and trimmed them for me as they were so long already.
And it's extraction time!
I like how Kate does her extraction whereby she tries to minimize the usage of needles to create a nick for the pimple to be easily extracted. When you use a needle to "poke" a hole for easier extraction, it takes a longer time to heal.

Kate diligently and carefully extracted my whiteheads and comedones without any usage of needle. Which is also less painful!

My skin is very dry and dehydrated. Kate specially customized a Hydrating Gel for me to re-hydrate my skin.
The machine that Kate is using is to help my skin absorb the gel better.

Up next is Eye and Lip care. Kate delicately massages my eye area and lips which was very relaxing and smoothing. I was falling asleep by then.

Followed by a full face, head and shoulder massage to end it off.
I can say that Kate's massage skills are 10/10! It was soooo relaxing and the strength she was using is just right.

I already can feel that my skin is glowing at this point.
To end it off, Kate applied the Co2 Cream Mask for me.
Followed by a hand and foot massage. By this point I already fell asleep to take any pictures.
It was just too good.

Kate applied toner, cream and sunblock for me.

and..... TADA!

My new glowing skin! I felt as thou my old skin had fallen off and new skin was reborn!
A little redness from extraction and scarring due to my own itchy fingers.
But I was so satisfied when she gave me the mirror to look!

Here's a comparison photo from before and after!
Skin looks like it's glowing from within and it's cleared up!
My pores does not look congested with dirt and impurities.

To finish the treatment, the staff asked if I had any feedback or questions for them while being served Tea and Fruits in the consultation room. I have no questions for them as all has been answered by Kate during my session.

I only have praises for the counter staff and also Kate!
I a very talkative person and usually would chat up with the therapist during extraction. Kate was very friendly and felt like I was chatting with a friend. I shared about my eczema past and she took the effort to be extra careful and gentle on my skin.
I have never felt so relaxed and rejuvenated as I did after a session with Kate that I can't wait to be back again!

Do give them a call for appointment and inquiries!
Tel: 6289 8901
Mon-Fri 10am to 9pm
Sat & Sun 10am to 6pm

To know what other services Lynn Aesthetic provides, do visit their website!
http://www.lynnaesthetic.com.sg 

 

My skin 2 days after the treatment! Still a little bumps left, but improved significantly!
Make up is application is much smoother and generally better skin!

Feel free to also read other reviews of Lynn Aesthetic in the below
https://www.samplestore.com/lynn-aesthetic-facials.html


No comments:

Post a Comment